In this article:
Configuring Dell Switch for forwarding logs to chronicle
- Connect to the switch via ssh over port 22.
- In the CLI on the switch, enable configuration mode using below command
- Enable logging using below command
- To send system messages to a specified syslog server, use the following command.
console(conf)# logging <ip_address (Google Chronicle Forwarder IP) > <tcp port number/udp port number>
Note: For now we don’t have required parser and port, so based on the requirement request OB team to raise a case with chronicle support for default parser & Ingestion Label and for port OB should enable one random port test in nfr4 instance and then need to assign to the production device.
- Select the any protocol which is UDP and TCP port designation
- You can change the default settings of the system logging by changing the logging level severity to local6 and facility as informational.
console(conf)# logging severity <6>
- The configuration is complete.
Please sign in to leave a comment.