Resolution Intelligence® integrates with a popular application performance platform ThousandEyes to monitor the internal and external network infrastructure and reduce service interruptions. A signal notification will be sent to the Resolution Intelligence when a monitoring asset crosses a certain threshold limit. With this integration, the Resolution Intelligence will capture and correlate signal rules when they are triggered or cleared. This integration works by configuring the webhooks feature in ThousandEyes to forward network signals to the Resolution Intelligence.
You must have an active account and admin privileges to configure the integration in both ThousandEyes and the Resolution Intelligence.
Enabling ThousandEyes Integration
In Resolution Intelligence
- From the Resolution Intelligence platform interface, navigate to Configurations --> Integrations --> ThousandEyes --><--Netenrich tile and click Enable integration toggle switch.
- Under the Inbound section of ThousandEyes, in Authentication type, select JSON Web Token (JWT) and in Token Source, select URL.
- Click Save.
A web URL and consumer token will be generated.
In ThousandEyes Platform
- On the ThousandEyes Dashboard screen, click Alerts --> Alert Rules on the left-hand nav bar.
- Click Add New Alert Rule on the top right corner of the screen. A small window appears on the screen.
- Select commonly used Alert type (e.g.Default HTTP Alert Rule), give a name for the Rule and then select the Notifications tab. Under the Webhooks section, click Edit webhooks.
4. In the Edit Webhooks popup, click Add New Webhook. Enter the following information, click Test to confirm connectivity, and then click Add New Webhook.
Name: NetenrichURL: Custom URL from the [NeThousandEyes Integrations Console](https://ingest-test.netenrich.net/alerts-lite)Auth Type: TokenBearer Token: $TOKEN (Copied from NeThousand Integration Console)
5. Add ThousandEyes webhook to all of the alert rules that you want to monitor and verify alerts are received under the Resolutions --> ActOns in the Resolution intelligence.
Please sign in to leave a comment.