This article covers an overview about LogicMonitor Integration and how to enable and integrate LogicMonitor tool with the Resolution Intelligence Cloud.
LogicMonitor is a SaaS based infrastructure and monitoring platform where the client assets are stored. Integration with LogicMonitor allows you to send signals (raw data) to Resolution Intelligence Cloud where the signals are enriched and contextualized to derive the insights at an enterprise level.
How it Works
The integration uses a webhook and authentication token to start sending signals to Resolution Intelligence Cloud. After a successful integration, the asset attributes start syncing in real-time and send raw data (signals with severity, description, tags, and ID) to Resolution Intelligence Cloud where the raw data is transformed, correlated, and enriched with context by the Alert Processing Engine.
You should have
- An active account and Admin privileges in Resolution Intelligence Cloud
- A Webhook
Enabling LogicMonitor Integration
In Resolution Intelligence Cloud
- Global Admin
- A user with manager role
- Configuration Manager
To configure the integration,
- Click the gear icon at the top (or) hover over the hamburger icon at the top left corner.
- In the bottom of the left menu, click Configurations.
- In the left menu, under Data Ingestion, click Integrations.
You will be navigated to the available integrations page.
- Locate and click the LogicMonitor tile.
- Click the Add --> Add New Integration if you would prefer to enable a new integration. Otherwise, click Apply to Organization Defaults to get the inbound properties from your organization or domains if you are at the tenant level.
The authentication and tenant mapping sections will be enabled.Note: Authentication and Tenant mapping functionalities are enabled only when you enable LogicMonitor integration.
- Under Configurations, click Authentication.
You will be navigated to an authentication page where you enter the following details.
Under the Inbound Authentication section:
- In Authentication type, select JWT (JSON Web Token) from the drop-down list.
- Select the token source as URL or header and click Save.
A consumer token and an inbound URL will be generated automatically. Use the token and the end-point URL while configuring a webhook in the LogicMonitor app.
Use this procedure to map tenants to LogicMonitor integration to allow data or signals to flow into the configured tenant.
To map tenant(s) to your LogicMonitor integration:
- Click Add Mapping at the top right corner (or) click Bulk Add and select Import CSV file to import multiple tenants with the respective LogicMonitor Sys IDs. For this, you have to download the CSV template and fill in the required data and then upload bulk tenants. You can view Bulk add option only at the org level.
2. In the Add Mapping wizard, under Tenant Name, select your tenant from the drop-down menu.
3. Under System Identifier (sys ID), select a relevant sys ID in to which you prefer to link your tenant from the drop-down menu.
4. Click Add Row, if you would prefer to add more instances and repeat the same steps from 2 to 3.
5. Click Save.
The integration will be mapped to the configured tenants.
You can modify the tenant details mapped to LogicMonitor, using an Edit option and selecting the ellipses icon corresponding to the tenant you want to edit.
Deleting Tenant Mapping
You have mapped multiple tenants, but you feel that some tenants are no longer needed. You can remove those tenants from the current mapping, using a Delete button.
To remove tenant mapping:
- Locate the tenant that you would prefer to remove mapping.
- Click the ellipses icon corresponding to the tenant.
- Select Delete from the drop-down menu.
- Click Yes to remove it.
Deactivating LogicMonitor integration
Use this procedure to deactivate LogicMonitor integration.
To deactivate LogicMonitor integration:
1. Locate and click the LogicMonitor tile in the enabled integrations. This takes you to the LogicMonitor page where you can see its configurations.
2. Click the ellipses icon and select Deactivate to deactivate the tool from sending signals to the platform.
3. Select Deactivate from the dialog box to confirm deactivation.
Setting up Resolution Intelligence Cloud details in LogicMonitor
Use this procedure to configure a webhook to your Login Monitor account and allow signals to flow from LogicMonitor to the Resolution Intelligence Cloud platform.
To configure a webhook:
- Log in to your Logic Monitor account.
- Navigate to Settings > Alert Settings > Webhooks.
- Click Add to create a new webhook.
- In the URL field, enter the endpoint URL (copy from Resolution Intelligence Cloud).
- Select the data format (JSON) in which you want to send the raw data.
- Click Save. Your webhook configuration settings will be saved.
After successful integration between both platforms, the signals, with associated asset attributes, start flowing from LogicMonitor to Resolution Intelligence Cloud for further steps such as transformation, correlation, and enrichment.