A function represents a component, microservice, application, or infrastructure that a team manages and monitors. A group of associated rules configured with a function are useful in generating a situation. Technical function can be wholly owned by a single team and one or more technical functions are combined to serve the customer-facing or business capabilities.
For each function, you can assign a group as its owner — a group can own multiple functions, but each function can only have one owner. When a situation impacts the service, you can search for that function as a recipient. This allows you to send notifications based on the impact that a situation has without needing to know the name of the group or user who is responsible for each function at the time of generating a situation.
Resolution Intelligence® allows you to set up the configuration of a function to monitor and detect signals flow from a database of a tenant to Resolution Intelligence in order to prevent outages of database clusters.
E-commerce websites like Amazon, and Flipkart enables you to order any item that you require for your essential use. These websites consist of multiple functions including payment gateways, product catalogs, shipping details, ratings, and reviews to serve the tenant from end-to-end business activity. Resolution Intelligence provides you to monitor and detect any signals triggered from these e-commerce websites and resolve them instantly in order to give seamless functioning of the website.
Enabling a function helps you to:
- Correlate similar signals into a situation therefore reducing noise across the assets and improving the efficiency of the support team.
- Route the situations to a correct resolver group in order to notify and resolve them quickly.
Features of a Function
Function enables you to do the following:
- Associate signals to a function for which an owner is assigned to resolve those signals using the rules engine.
- Associate assets to a function with the help of asset listing in the Resolution Intelligence UI in order to detect and notify the owner to whom a function is assigned.
- By default, the system defines a function that consists of all signals and assets associated.
- Service Level Indicators - Function empowers you to solve the critical situations by setting up a Service Level Impact Indicator(SLI). An SLI helps the owner of a situation to define the precedence of a situation and how long it takes to respond to a situation. The combination of all SLIs defines the Service Level Objectives (SLO) which in turn helps the organizations maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs).