This article covers the prerequisites to sync ActOns from Resolution Intelligence Cloud to ServiceNow and detailed steps to sync the first ActOn and verify. You also learn how to create an incident in ServiceNow.
Resolution Intelligence CloudTM generates actionable insights you can act on, called ActOns. ActOns present highly curated, contextual data – like related alerts, asset, and user data. You can focus on what matters most because ActOns are prioritized based on a risk score aligned to your business, based on likelihood, impact, and confidence.
Before you start syncing ActOns from Resolution Intelligence Cloud to ServiceNow, ensure that the following requirements are met.
- Installation of Netenrich NetConnect app in ServiceNow from ServiceNow store
- Seamless integration of Resolution Intelligence Cloud with ServiceNow
- Activation of NetConnect app in ServiceNow
- Activation of Incident module in ServiceNow
- Mapping of Incident Attribute fields from ServiceNow to Resolution Intelligence Cloud
Synchronizing your first ActOn
After you have completed the mandatory steps described in the prerequisites section, Resolution Intelligence Cloud start sending ActOns to ServiceNow and vice-versa. Once the situation is marked as an ActOn or generated an ActOn automatically through correlation policies from Resolution Intelligence Cloud, it will flow into ServiceNow immediately. Also, you can create an incident in ServiceNow and sync incident as ActOn into Resolution Intelligence Cloud.
Creating an Incident in ServiceNow
Roles required: A service desk agent, incident manager, problem coordinator or other IT user.
Important: Before creating an incident, you should import the Netenrich Wrapper fields in ServiceNow as shown in the following image. Importing the below wrapper fields enable you to synchronize the data from the Resolution Intelligence Cloud to ServiceNow.
- Work Notes
- Additional Comments
- Alert Notes
- ROBO Alerts
- Alert Details
To create an ActOn in ServiceNow UI,
- Login to the ServiceNow using your valid credentials.
- From the Home page, search "Incident" in the filter navigator in the left pane.
- Under the Incident bar, click Create New.
- In the incident creation ticket, fill in the mandatory details such as caller name, short description, company contact type, and work notes. Other details include state, impact, priority, and urgency, which are helpful in the later stages to reach the incident to the correct support team.
5. Click Submit either at the top right corner or bottom left corner of your screen.
The incident is generated along with a Netenrich ID and appears on the incident listing page.
Verifying ActOns in Resolution Intelligence Cloud
After you have created an ActOn in ServiceNow, your next step is to verify the same by searching with a either title or Netenrich ticket ID in the ActOns module of Resolution Intelligence Cloud. This confirms the successful integration of ServiceNow with Resolution Intelligence Cloud.
To verify the ActOn details:
- Login to the Resolution Intelligence using your valid credentials.
- Navigate to Resolutions --> ActOns.
- Search ActOn using the Netenrich ticket ID generated from the ServiceNow UI.