Netenrich Connect app acts as a gateway between Resolution Intelligence Cloud and ServiceNow. The app enables you to get bidirectional synchronization of data from Configuration Item, Incident, Case, Change Request, Service Request, Problem, Groups, Report, Notification, and Scheduled Job entities on a real-time basis. It also allows the ServiceNow admin to define the policy and control what information gets shared with the Resolution Intelligence Cloud. Netenrich Connect app also supports MSP/Non MSP instances.
Before you begin integrating ServiceNow with Resolution Intelligence Cloud, you should install Netenrich Connect app in ServiceNow from the ServiceNow store.
Users with these rules have permission to integrate ServiceNow with the platform:
- Global Admin
- A user with manager role
- Configuration Manager
To enable ServiceNow integration,
- From the Resolution Intelligence interface, navigate to Configurations --> Integrations --> ServiceNow <--> Netenrich tile.
A drop-down appears and select any one of the following options to enable the integration.
Adding a New Integration
Enables you to create a new integration.
1. Under the Inbound section, in Authentication type, select OAUTH2
2. In Outbound Authentication,
- In Notification type, select REST API
- Configure the ServiceNow Instance base URL.
- In Authentication Type, select OAUTH2.
- In Grant type, select Password Credentials.
- In Access token URL, enter OAuth API endpoint which is created in ServiceNow Instance with the API Key and Consumer Secret.
6. Enter your netenrichuser username (for example, default user is netenrichuser) and password to enable synchronization (refer to Note 1).
For Netenrichuser, the role should be Netenrich Admin to access Netenrich tables.
7. Click Save
A Key and Consumer Secret will be generated, and it is used for managing all incoming event flows by the platform.
8. Copy the key and secret and share them with your customers, they save them in Netenrich Connect Outbound Provider.
9. In Netenrich Connect Outbound Provider, copy the following URLs in their respective fields as shown in the image.
In Token URL
In Redirect URL
Syncing updates with Resolution Intelligence Cloud, users shall be assigned with x_nete2_netenrich. NetEnrich_role in ServicenNow instance.
If users prefer to change the username, update their new username in the system properties of ServiceNow instance.
To update the username,
- In the filter navigator, search with "sys_properties.LIST" and in value, search with "netenrichuser."
- Open this record and change the value with the new username.
- Click Save.
Inherit From Parent
Gets the integration settings from parent.
- Click Inherit from Parent.
A popup appears.
- Click Continue to get the parent properties inherited to the tenant.
You can map single or multiple tenants between Resolution Intelligence Cloud and your ServiceNow project through an interactive UI.
To map tenant(s) to your ServiceNow integration,
- Click Add Mapping at the top right corner or click Bulk Add and select Import CSV file to import multiple tenants with the respective ServiceNow Sys Ids.
- In the Add Mapping wizard, under Tenant Name, select your tenant from the dropdown menu.
- Under System Identifier, select a relevant Sys Id in ServiceNow to which you prefer to link your tenant from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add Row, if you would prefer to add more instances and repeat the same steps from 2 to 3.
- Click Save.
The integration will be mapped to your desired tenants.
Deleting Tenant Mapping
You have mapped multiple tenants, but you feel that some tenants are no longer needed. You can remove those tenants from the current mapping using a Delete button.
To remove tenant mapping,
- Locate the tenant that you would prefer to remove mapping.
- Click three dots right next to the tenant.
- Click Delete from the dropdown menu.
- Click Yes to remove it.
Downloading and Importing a Tenant Mapping list
You can download the existing tenant mappings to your local drive in a csv format and modify any tenant name and its relevant ServiceNow Sys Id, then bulk upload the amended list to map your ServiceNow integration.
To download and import a CSV file,
- After you have configured the integration, click Tenant Mapping.
- Navigate to Bulk Add --> Download CSV template.
A template is downloaded into your local drive.
- First, you will need to fill the csv file with a valid tenant name, mapping status and project key.
- Click Bulk Add --> Import CSV file.
A dialog box appears.
- Click Import CSV and select your tenant mapping file from local drive.
- Click Open.
A message appears on your screen.
- Click Yes to continue.
A Mapping CSV file will be added to tenant list.
After you have enabled the integration and added events such as Change, Service Request, Problem, and Incident in Resolution Intelligence Cloud, you can activate Netenrich Connect app in ServiceNow.
Wrapper table is configurable table which contains all conditions to route the respective fields. These records will not capture of any Update-sets/Application, so we need to create the records manually as per below screenshot or import the XML file that provided by Netenrich support team.
Table name: x_nete2_netenrich_netenrich_wrapper
In the Destination field, you can change the Alert Notes, Robo updates, and Alert details to Work Notes if required.
- Verify Netenrich OAuth Client
- Configure OAuth Client and activate your Profile
- Enable Netenrich Connect for domain separation plugin in ServiceNow
- Activate Modules in ServiceNow
- Create Attribute Value Mappings in ServiceNow
- Map Fields from Resolution Intelligence to ServiceNow
- Reactivate your Netenrich Connect profile in ServiceNow
- Synchronize your first incident
- Troubleshooting the ServiceNow integration