This section provides comprehensive details on how to resolve the common issues that occur during or after configuring the ServiceNow integration with the Resolution Intelligence Cloud.
I could not see the incident updates in Resolution Intelligence Cloud. What should I do now?
To view the incident updates, you should have the Netenrich_read_role and visibility to the ServiceNow domain where the ticket updates are done.
To get visibility to the ServiceNow domain, go to visibility tab in the user edit page.
I created a ticket, but the ticket ID is not generated in either ServiceNow or Resolution Intelligence. How to resolve this issue?
First, check whether webhook integration is enabled properly before creating the ticket and check for the token expiry.
Search for the response of a corresponding ticket ID in the Entity Transaction Table.
- If the response is SUCCESS, then check in the Incident Import Table.
- Check for the status as Ignored/Updated/Inserted. If available any one of these statuses, then check in the ServiceNow logs.
- If not present, then check for any error that occurred in the Resolution Intelligence logs.
- If the response is FAILED, then check whether the business rules are executed properly.
In Resolution Intelligence:
- Check for the corresponding Ticket Id in the logs generated from the Resolution Intelligence.
- Verify that the response is available for the corresponding ticket ID in the Entity Transaction Table.
- Check the status (i.e Ignored/Updated/Inserted) of ticket ID in the Incident Imports Table. If the records are found, then check for the ERROR in the response of Resolution Intelligence logs.
- Confirm that the mandatory fields are set according to the rules while creating the ticket.
Data field mapping (State / On-hold/Priority/Short description etc..) is not working properly. How do you resolve it?
- Verify that the mapping of attributes is available in the Attribute Mapping Value Table. If no mapping is available, then add the attributes to the database.
- Confirm that the attribute value is not null in the business rules and payload.
- Check whether any Null Pointer Exception occurs in the Resolution Intelligence logs. If found, then modify the code accordingly using stack trace.
I created a ticket in ServiceNow, but an error was generated in Resolution Intelligence as "ACCESS DENIED".
You should have a strong password that includes one capital letter and one numeric digit according to the ServiceNow recently released patch. Update the password as per Service Now password requirements and disable the mandatory fields that exist in the user's list.
When I update the details in any ticket from the Resolution Intelligence, the same details are not synced to the ServiceNow. What should I do?
In the import table, check whether any business rule is opposing to proceed further and verify any mandatory field in ServiceNow is missing from Resolution Intelligence.
Duplication of posts observed in ServiceNow, when I use Post Reply in Resolution Intelligence. How to prevent duplication of topics?
Each topic is posted twice when multiple nodes are available in Resolution Intelligence. Verify how many nodes are available for each topic and restrict the multiple nodes to be assigned to a single topic. Hence this duplication of posts is resolved.
Resolution Intelligence ticket ID is not generated, when the contact type for the customer of a client is given in a ticket. What might be the problem?
Verify the roles of a user and the role must be set as a reader in Resolution Intelligence.
Duplication of tickets are observed in Resolution Intelligence when I created a ticket for contact type monitoring alert in ServiceNow. How to fix this issue?
To have a visibility to look at the domain, the ticket is created will help the prevention of duplicate tickets.
How to resolve OAuth token expired exception?
Check for expired exception in Entity Transaction Table by navigating to the tables in System definition section using filter navigator. If you find any expired exception relevant to OAuth token, generating a new OAuth token by navigating to REST message section using filter navigator and selecting Netenrich will fix the issue.
What should I do the ticket state fails to move to Resolved or Closed?
First, open the import table to check for the request received successfully from NNC by navigating to tables in the System Definition section using filter navigator. Next, check for the status of transaction (i.e Ignored, Inserted, Updated) for the corresponding ticket (i.e Incident, Service Request, Problem, and Change Request) by searching with ticket ID. If the ticket is not in Ignored state, then the ticket response or request is received successfully from NNC. Now, there is a possibility that the ticket state is not moved to Resolved or Closed is because the fields of Resolution notes or Closed notes are empty, that are mandatory fields to fill-in in order to move the state to Closed or Resolved.
Why MSP Id is not generated in Resolution Intelligence platform? What should I do?
To generate MSP Id in Resolution Intelligence platform, you should have a synchronization between ServiceNow and Resolution Intelligence.
It the sync breaks between both platforms, check if the ticket details are received in import tables. If not, check in the Elastic Search (ES). If no ticket details are available in ES, there must have been a sync issue exists between ES and Resolution Intelligence. In that case, connect with auto ticketing teams to resolve the issue.
If the ticket details are available in import tables, means that the sync failed when ServiceNow is sending response back to Resolution Intelligence. Check the entity transaction table to know more details on why the sync failed between both platforms.
Incidents are not synchronizing from Resolution Intelligence to ServiceNow. Why and how to resolve this issue?
The synchronization of incidents from Resolution Intelligence to ServiceNow is not functional might be due to the following failures.
- Attribute Value Mapping between Resolution Intelligence and ServiceNow
- Activating Resolution Intelligence app with other domains instead of Global domain
To fix this sync issue, do the following.
- Delete Netenrich User in Resolution Intelligence
- Reactivate Resolution Intelligence app
- Update password in both ServiceNow and Resolution Intelligence
- Set the Domain as Top
- Debug transformation maps by verifying the following
- System Logs
- Transformation History
6. Activate Resolution Intelligence app with Global domain
7. Check whether Attribute Value mappings are updated. If updated, then do the following
- Remove all attribute mappings in both Resolution Intelligence and ServiceNow app, then reactivate the Resolution Intelligence app
I Could not see scope and application pickers at top of your ServiceNow instance. How to enable them?
- After logging into your ServiceNow instance, click at the top of your screen.
- In General Settings, set the domain as Global and enable Show Domain Picker in header toggle switch.
- In Developer Settings, set the application as Netenrich Connect and enable Show Application Picker toggle switch.
I could not map the customers in Customer Mapping Console. How to map them?
- Search "REST message" in left nav bar and click Netenrich from the REST messages screen.
- In Netenrich REST message, you can find CustomerGET and OAuthActivationmethods.
- In OAuthActivation method, ensure that you have proper host URL(whether it is production or staging URL) and Instance ID (this is your own netenrich_servicenow instance ID) under Variable Substitutions and then click on TEST to get the integration ID which is used in CustomerGETmethod.
2. In CustomerGET method, ensure that you have proper host URL(whether it is production or staging URL) and Integration ID(this is provided by Netenrich) under Variable Substitutions.
Note: Status should be 200 for both methods after running a test.
- Now check for Customer Mapping to ensure that the system has mapped customers properly
Please sign in to leave a comment.