The following examples describe how to configure more complex schedules.
Example 1: Schedule for 2 Users on a 2-Day Rotation with Separate Weekends
The example below shows a schedule for two users that are on a two-day rotation. They are on call in the evenings from 17:00 to 8:00 in the morning. On Saturday and Sunday, responders are on-call for 24 hours from 08:00 to 08:00 the next day.
Ex. 1 Schedule Requirements
During the weekdays, User 1 and User 2 are only on call from 17:00 to 08:00. Then they take turns covering the weekends from Friday at 17:00 to Monday at 08:00. Shifts are:
- User 1 is on-call Tuesday and Wednesday from 17:00 to 08:00.
- User 2 is on-call Thursday and Friday from 17:00 to 08:00.
- User 1 is on-call Friday at 5pm to Saturday at 08:00 and Saturday at 08:00 to Sunday at 08:00.
- User 2 then is on-call Sunday at 8am to Monday 8am, and Monday 17:00 to Tuesday 08:00.
Ex. 1 Configuration
Create four layers, each with its own weekly rotation that fulfils one of the requirements listed above.
The handoff time should be the day and time that the first restriction begins. The effective date of change should be the first date that a layer's restriction begins on. This means that the date in Step 3 for each layer will be different.
- User 1 is on call Tuesday and Wednesday from 17:00 to 08:00.
- User 2 is on call Thursday and Friday from 17:00 to 08:00.
- User 1 is on call Saturday at 8:00 to Sunday at 09:00.
- User 2 then is on call Sunday at 8am to Monday 08:00, and Monday 17:00 to Tuesday 08:00.
Example 2: Irregular Schedules
This schedule is for teams that rotate 12-hour shifts, on call for one week and then off call for a few.
Ex. 2 Schedule Requirements
This schedule has 6 users that alternate shifts every other week. One week, they work Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday (STTS). The next week, they work Monday-Wednesday-Friday (MWF). There are a total of two six-week rotations, as everyone rotates through the MWF schedule, and one staggered by three weeks, where they work through STTS.
Ex. 2 Schedule Configuration
Shift1 rotates weekly with a handoff time at the beginning of the first time restriction, Sunday at 00:00. It will cover the STTS days by restricting on-call duty to times-of-the-week.
Shift 2 rotates weekly with a handoff time at the beginning of its first time restriction, Monday at 00:00. It will cover MWF by restricting on-call duty to times-of-the-week.
Please sign in to leave a comment.