A case is a means of capturing the details of a service, project, transaction, or response to customer requests. As the customer reaches out with a question or issue in need or resolution, a support agent will create a new case. The case assists the agent in tracking all activities, communications, and channels used in resolving the issue. The case remains open, or in-progress, until a resolution has been presented to and accepted by the customer. Additionally, the case may also be closed if the customer fails to take a necessary action (such as accepting or rejecting a proposed solution) within an allotted time period.
With this definition in mind, Managing a case is a natural extension, coordinating the teams, technologies, and tasks across an organization that each play a role in effective case resolution.
Creating a case manually
Roles required: A service desk agent, case coordinator or other IT user can manually trigger cases.
To create aa case in ServiceNow UI,
- Login to the ServiceNow using your credentials
- From the Home page, search "Case" in the filter navigator in the left pane
- In the left navigational menu, under Case, click Create New
- Select the type of case you would like to create
- Product (Recommended)
- In the case creation form, fill in the mandatory details such as Company, Assignment Group, Short description, and Work notes. Other details include state, impact, priority, and urgency to be provided which are helpful in the later stages in order to reach the incident to the correct support team
6. Click Submit either at top right corner or bottom left corner of your screen
A case is generated along with a Netenrich ID and appears in the case listing page
Verifying Case details in Resolution Intelligence Cloud
To verify the successful integration of Resolution Intelligence with ServiceNow, you will need to verify the case details that are created in ServiceNow.
To verify the case details,
- Login to the Resolution Intelligence using your credentials
- Navigate to Resolutions --> ActOns
- Search a case using the Netenrich ID generated from the ServiceNow UI
- Find a new conversation associated with the case appears in the ActOns
- If the case is not found in the ActOns screen, refer Trouble Shooting
Please sign in to leave a comment.